Thursday, December 1, 2011

Get to Know Your Neighbors

I have lived in Mississippi my whole life...except for that one year in New Orleans.

We are the hospitality state for a reason.   We go out of our way to let people feel "at home" around us.
Growing up my family has always been close to our neighbors.

For a few years I lived in a new neighborhood.  I built my house & my neighbors all built theirs around the same time.  We all moved in at the same time, so who was supposed to bring the new neighbors muffins and such?

I got to know one set of neighbors, but the rest I never really knew.

I completely blame myself, but after talking to my friends who also lived in "new" neighborhoods I realized that they had the same story as me.

There are so many benefits of knowing your neighbors.  Neighborhoods that all get together deter criminals, because they know people are looking out for each other.  This, in turn, helps protect the value of your homes.  

I want to help encourage people to get outside & get to know their neighbors!

The holidays are the perfect time!  

Here is a simple gift idea and some free printables.  Get a box of Ding Dongs from the store, tie with ribbon and include one of the gift tags below.  To print the gift tags click on the picture to enlarge it and save it to your computer.  You should be able to print it from there.  If you have cardstock to print on it will hold up a little bit better.  

If you have any problems just let me know! 
There is room at the bottom of the tag for you to write your names. 



No comments:

Post a Comment